Friday, June 13, 2014

Last day of school!

It has arrived!  What an exciting day at our house.  I think my husband and I are more excited than the kids because we are going to get more sleep.  

Because our youngest son attends public school, he needs to be out the door by 6:25 a.m.  Because this same child practices gymnastics 4 nights/week and Saturday mornings, we don’t get to eat many meals with him.  So, every morning we get up and have breakfast with him.  That means we are up at 5:40 am.  I have never been an early morning person; however, I know these years will go by quickly so I am enjoying the moment (that’s what I keep telling myself at 5:40).  That doesn’t mean that I won’t enjoy the extra sleep this summer.

[So there is no confusion, our older son does not get up to have breakfast with his brother every morning.  He feels there is no reason to get up that early since he is homeschooled.  Can’t blame him there.]  

I am so looking forward to summer break!  When I’m not sleeping in or at the pool or the beach or driving my children around to various activities, you will find me on the couch with chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment