Monday, November 10, 2014

Built through adoption

We are a family built through adoption.  This was not the plan my husband and I had when we were married, but it was God's plan for us.  We can't imagine our life without these two children.


J, who is our youngest, was our first child.  He was an American baby born in Germany.  We were living in Germany at this time because my husband was stationed there.  J has been with us since birth.  At the age of 2, he went from being an only child to the little brother.  


S, who is our oldest, was our second child. He was adopted from Bulgaria when he was 4. Yes, we knew he had Cerebral Palsy at the time we adopted him.  


Our children know they were adopted.  It's not a secret.  It's part of our family story.  They also each have their own story to tell.  Their stories are not my story to tell without their permission.  


I will be enjoying some family time on the couch with chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment