Friday, November 28, 2014

Sick, Parents Visiting, and Headed to the Beach

The Senior
S worked REALLY hard on Monday to try to finish his work for the week.  He didn’t want to have to do anything after that day.  He came close to completing his work but not quite.  It did allow him to sleep in a little bit on Tuesday though.  His focus right now is College Algebra, World War II unit, and his Human Eye course.  That will be enough since we have company for the next 2 weeks.


S was not happy with us Wednesday morning because he had an 8:40 doctor’s appointment. He doesn’t like “early” appointments, and his brother had the opportunity to sleep in since he didn’t have school that day.  S met his new PCM, and it went well.


Volunteering
S volunteered 6 hours last weekend.  He will not be volunteering this weekend because we are going out of town.


The Sophomore
J only had 2 days of school this week.  He was pretty excited about that.  He turned in his Science Fair project which made him very happy.  He has a little bit of homework to complete during Thanksgiving break, and I believe it is all done.  He is in relax mode!


Practice
J only had 3 days of practice this week due to the holiday.  He practiced for 10.5 hours.  He has a meet coming up next weekend hosted by his gym.  It will be a busy time in the gym.


On the Homefront  
Last Saturday my husband and I previewed S's senior pictures and ordered them. The photographer did an amazing job. His pictures turned out great, and it was difficult deciding which ones to order. We had a list and a budget. Thank goodness because it would have been very easy to go a little crazy ordering pictures.

It has been a weird week at our house.  I became sick Sunday afternoon and spent most of Monday in bed.  It was not a convenient time to get sick.  There was cleaning to be finished because my parents were flying in Monday night for a 2 week visit.  My husband who is awesome took the afternoon off from work to come home and clean.


My parents arrived Monday night.  I didn’t go pick them up.  I was parked on the couch asleep. I am now starting to feel better, but I am tired.  Lots of naps this week.


My mom wasn’t feeling well Wednesday morning, so she has been taking quite a few naps also. No one else has gotten sick which we are thankful for.


We had a very relaxed Thanksgiving.  We celebrated last Saturday with friends, and my parents celebrated Sunday with family prior to their trip.  Here we had brunch, Gluhwein, games, and a roast beef dinner followed by some desserts.  


We are headed to the Outer Banks this morning for a relaxing weekend.  Looking forward to getting away.  My parents have never been there.  We are thankful for friends who have a house we can use while we are there.


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I will be enjoying time at the beach on the couch with chocolate.
Linking up with:


 photo FFsharebutton_zps4716b8a0.png

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! I love the beach! We have a foot of snow on the ground. It's been in the teens but today was a warm 42 degrees! Have fun on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete