Thursday, February 26, 2015

Using the Wii for Therapy

One effective therapy tool that my son has willingly used at home is the Wii. Teenage boys and video games, what's not to love?


When S was still receiving PT services, his Physical Therapist was trying to find ways to motivate S to stretch and practice "tall knees" (standing on his knees) which helps with his balance and core.  Tall knees was difficult for S, and it wasn't much fun; therefore, why bother?


His PT found out that S enjoyed Wii boxing; however, S would sit on the floor while doing it. His PT suggested to him that he box while practicing "tall knees".  

Success!  S is very self-motivated to do this activity, and that's a very good thing. I love it when therapy can be fun for my son!  

I will be on the couch with chocolate hoping he doesn't come and fling his sweat on me after he is done boxing.

Linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment