Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What I Did on My Vacation

My family just returned home from vacation approximately 19 hours ago.  We were fortunate enough to spend 9 days in Aruba.  It was not our first trip there.  It will not be our last trip there.  We love going there.  The country is beautiful.  The people are wonderful.  We are so relaxed there!


My husband and I had great blogging plans for the trip.  We were going to get situated in our chairs on the beach and take turns with the iPad.  We were going to be writing fools in Aruba.


Here’s how that played out.  On our first full day there, I arrived at the beach with my bag of stuff for the day.  I was already thinking about all of the writing I could get done while sitting there.


First things first, I was going to do my daily devotion and my daily Bible reading.  Here is what I read on July 1, “As you spend time “soaking” in My Presence, you are energized and lightened.” [Jesus Calling:  Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young]


As you can imagine, I heard God telling me what I was supposed to do on this trip, and it was not sitting in the chair with electronics.


Here’s what I did on my trip:
1.  Read my daily devotion and daily Bible readings while sitting on my chair at the beach enjoying the beauty of Aruba.

2.  Spent time with my husband and my sons as a group and individually.

3.  Went for daily walks on the beach every morning with my husband.  Sometimes J joined us. S was busy sleeping.

4.  Went for daily evening walks on the beach to enjoy the sunset with my husband and J.  S opted to stay in the room for the evening walks.

5.  Created new family memories.  [See my husband’s blog post about one of our previous trips.]  http://sixbottlestoparis.blogspot.com/2014/06/doritos-are-better-than-cracker-jacks.html

6.  Enjoyed the culture of Aruba.

7.  Enjoyed the food of Aruba, and there is plenty to enjoy!

8.  Spent time watching other families enjoy time together.

9.  Met new people and enjoyed conversations with them.

10.  Read a lot!

11.  Appreciated the opportunities we had to relax and just be in the moment with each other and other people.

This was how the vacation was supposed to play out.  It was about being together and building relationships with people.  


For the past few days, I was not on the couch eating chocolate.  I was on my beach chair.  

Now that I’m home, you know where to find me once the laundry is done and groceries are purchased. I will be on the couch with Dutch chocolate.

Linking up with:



No comments:

Post a Comment